Thirteen Ways for Google My Business Optimization
Google is a powerful search engine that can help your business reach more potential customers. If you have not yet optimized the way it appears on Google, then now might be an excellent time for this process as well!
The goal should always remain towards improving customer service and increasing sales; which means making sure all aspects of our online presence work together seamlessly – including what shows up when someone searches for “Who We Are.”
Your Business Profile is a powerful listing that highlights your best features and enables potential customers to quickly find, and learn about you—all from the SERP. The best part? It’s completely free!
You know what they say about averages and statistics? The typical business profile only sees 1,260 views per month (0.00000075%)! And worse yet? Only 59 actions were taken from those viewers! That’s less than 5%.
The good news is that Google My Business has some really great features to help you promote and manage your business. The bad? Not nearly enough businesses take full advantage of these impressive tools! That’s why we wrote this guide. So here are 13 optimization strategies for using GMB effectively:
Google My Business (GMB) is a powerful platform, but only if used correctly can it give an individual or company more exposure than they might otherwise receive online through other platforms such as Bing, Facebook, etc.
This document will share ways in which one could optimize their account while increasing traffic flow towards relevant products/services offered by themselves at no cost whatsoever.
- Claim your company profile.
- Fill out every aspect of your Google My Business account.
- Maintain meticulous contact information.
- Choose between primary and secondary categories.
- Mark the attributes that apply.
- Create a detailed “from the business” description.
- Weekly Google posts should be published.
- Weekly photo uploads
- Respond to questions
- Gather and respond to feedback.
- Include your goods and/or services.
- Configure messaging
- Maintain your company profile.
With these optimizations, you can create a powerful free customer acquisition tool for your business. Let’s get into it!
What does a Google My Business Optimization look like?
Let’s take a look at what an google my business optimization looks like and why you need one.
The following image summarizes the difference between an incomplete and optimized Google Business Profile.
In this example, we see how one of these profiles would rank higher on search engine result pages (SERPs).
You can see from this image that an optimized Google Business Profile is much more engaging and attractive than a short-length one. It also includes all of the features you need to make your business stand out online, which makes it easier for potential customers or partners to reach their target markets through search engines like Google!
Why Google My Business Optimization is important ?
Google My Business Optimization is effective for local marketing and it is must if you want to be ahead of the curve and compete against competitors.
There are other benefits too, like increased consumer confidence in choosing what they buy from someone who has done all this work on their behalf!
1. Google My Business Optimization helps in – Increase participation
The days when people had to click on an external link in order for search engines like Google or Bing to find them are long gone. Now, users simply enter queries and get all the information they need from within these results pages themselves, leading us into what’s been coined “zero-click searches.
Google is an incredible marketing tool that allows you to get your business in front of more potential customers than ever before. Optimize it for quality with our help today, so people will be interested when they search!
Optimizing your Google Business Profile for quality engagement and conversions will help you attract more consumers to interact with.
2. Google My Business Optimization helps in – Improve your local ranking
Google’s algorithm for ranking business profiles does more than just consider proximity and relevance. It also takes into account activity, quality of the information in your profile as well as how you optimize it to rank higher on local searches which means greater visibility with potential customers!
3. Google My Business Optimization helps in – more customers should be converted.
With a regular Google Business Profile, you can only acquire customers from the search engines. But with an optimized account through GMB and improved SEO skills in general for your brand page on Google My Business, consumers will be able to find out where they are located as well as get reviews about their products or services by looking up what’s available online!
How to Improve Your Google Business Page
1. Register for Google My Business Account
First and foremost, it is critical to understand that a Google Business Profile is distinct from a Google My Business account.
The latter is employed in order to gain access to and optimize the former.
That is, in order to perform the optimizations outlined in this guide, you must first create a Google My Business account and then request that Google connect it to your Google Business Profile.
To get started, go to Google.com/business and sign in with the Google/Gmail account you use for business (as opposed to your personal Gmail, if you have one).
2. Finish each section
Google My Business Optimization is important because it helps rank you higher in local search results, but more importantly for your business’ success- there are many pieces of information that need to be provided.
To make sure customers take action when they find out about what type or service provider a company has available on their website through this online platform (Google).
These aspects of your google my business optimization should be completed as soon as possible:
This last section necessitates a little more thought and time:
- Attributes and Categories
- Goods and services
- From the company
- Answers to questions (Owner-generated queries)
These sections are still active: Review Questions and Answers (Consumer-generated)
3. Maintain accurate contact information.
Here are the steps for Google My Business Optimization contact information:
- Make sure your company name is the same as the one on your store signage.
- Check that your company name and address exactly match your other online listings.
- Please include both your regular and holiday hours.
4. Create your “from the company” description.
The summary that appears just below your business name in the Business Profile is an automatic, impartial description created by Google.
5. Select a category
Google My Business Optimization is an essential step in the process. But what do you need to know about choosing categories?
- Highlight category-specific characteristics
Google is always looking for ways to make you stand out from the competition.
That’s why they created special features that only appear when users choose a specific category!
For example, restaurants can include their menu or reservation button on profile pages so people will know how easy it would be to book an appointment with them without having to go anywhere else first.
- Find yourself in discovery searches.
84% percent of Google Business Profile views come from discovery searches (meaning the consumer searched for a product, service, or category term and found your business), with only 16 % coming in direct form.
This seems especially true when people don’t know exactly what kind of company they’re looking at.
6. Choose the appropriate attributes.
Google will give you a list of attributes to help describe your business. These special features are what potential customers look for, like “gift shop on-site” or free wi-fi!
7. Include images
You can upload photos to your business profile through the Google My Business account dashboard and make four important points:
- Ensure high quality.
- Take action.
- Obtain images in the results.
- Increase participation.
You may not have a lot of photos in your closet, but that doesn’t mean you should upload 100 at once. Follow these tips to utilize the power and potential of each one by optimizing them for Google Business Profile:
- Every seven days, add at least one new photo.
- Upload your logo as your thumbnail image.
- Use a cover photo that best represents your brand, but doesn’t worry about it because Google will display different feature photos depending on the search query.
- Refer to Google’s photo guidelines for specifications on other general photos, but make sure to include happy customers, interior and exterior views, and team photos.
- There will be no stock photos or photos with special effects or branding. Google is attempting to portray your company as it appears in the real world.
- Concentrate on high-quality images with clear depictions (to align with image-enriched results).
8. Obtain Google reviews
Which of the following would be most attractive to a business looking to get your products or services delivered?
A company that has four stars on Google and looks professional with clean graphics? Or one without any reviews at all but offers great prices nonetheless.
9. Create a Google Business Profile.
Google is making it easier for you to reach your customers.
You can now post announcements, offers, and events that are happening in the business as well as updates about what’s new at any given time!
These posts will show up on a section of people’s google profiles called “Updates.”
10. Ask and respond to questions
Have you noticed that there is a section for questions and answers on Amazon, in addition to the product description and customer reviews?
Google Business Profiles have the same functionality.
The answers to these questions may be the motivation for a customer to choose your company.
However, this section is especially important to optimize because anyone can not only ask a question on a business’s Google profile but also answer it.
11. Include new products and services
By adding products and services to your business name, you are able not just to create more engaging content but also to rank higher in search engine results.
Product descriptions should include all the important information about your product. This includes its name, description, and price (if applicable).
You can link to this page from category listings so that Google knows where it’s found in case someone searches for more info on one of these items!
12. Configure messaging
You can now reach more customers with the convenience of texting from your Google Business Profile! With 82% of smartphone shoppers (92% for millennials) using their devices in local searches, this is an opportunity you won’t want to miss out on.
13. Keep your business profile up-to-date with a solid Google My Business strategy.
The Google Business Profile is a local marketing tool that requires ongoing action in order to increase your online presence and maximize benefits. This includes:
- Updating information, even if it is as simple as changing the suite number.
- Every week, I upload photos.
- Maintaining a steady flow of reviews.
- Review monitoring and response
- Maintaining awareness of new features so that you can make the most of your profile.